Ref. No: 321
INVITATION FOR WORK CONTRACTS IN INTERBALKAN ENVIRONMENT CENTER,
IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EUROPEAN PROJECT “AGROLESS” (B3.11.02)
EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME «GREECE – BULGARIA 2007-2013»
Intebalkan Environment Center (i-BEC), participates (PP3) in the European Project “AGROLESS – Joint reference strategies for rural activities of reduced inputs” (Β3.11.02), in the framework of the European Territorial Cooperation Programme «Greece – Bulgaria 2007-2013».
The AGRO_LESS project (B3.11.02) aims to establish common reference strategies for the implementation of reduced input agricultural practices in the cross-border area by introducing rural population with the concept of site-specific crop management, which through an information and new technology farm management system will be able to identify, analyze and manage variability within fields for optimum profitability, sustainability and protection of land resources. The specific objectives of the project are: 1.The establishment of common guidelines and methodologies for the implementation of reduced input practices in both countries 2.The use and implementation of modern technology for encouraging Good Agricultural Practices on the areas 3. The pilot implementation of reduced input practices and evaluation for future use on the cross border region.
Main activities include:
- Establishment of a telemetric network of sensors
- Development of a support system for management decisions (DSS)
- Delivery of common reduced input protocols for farm planning and management actions.
The Project’s expected benefits include; farmers compliance with the legislative rules of the European Union concerning environmental issues and increase in product quality through a certified path of production.
The duration of the Project is 22 months (31/12/2013 – 30/10/2015) and its total budget is 3.377.584, 44 €. The project is co-financed by 85% by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) & by1 5% by National Funds.
For the implementation of the actions of the above mentioned Project, i-BEC intends to employ fifteen (15) people with work contracts. The work contracts will be carried during the implementation of the above project and in accordance with the final approved time schedule.
Candidates will be employed for the purpose of implementing the actions of the project in which i-BEC participates, as they are described in detail at their relevant contracts, and will include the following tasks:
- Development of methodological guidelines and protocols for the implementation of practices of reduced input agriculture
- Development of a Geodatabase/WebIMS and Desicion Support System (DSS)
- Development of algorithms for the determination of fertilization dose
- Soil, water and plant tissue sampling and operating tools and heavy machinery on the field
- Laboratorial chemical analyses on soil, water and plant tissue samples
- Elaboration of satellite images and development of plant status and production indices παραγωγικότητας.
- Development of a site specific system for fertilization using NDVI index.
- Technical support for the use and operation on the field of telemetry tools, UAV, cameras, heavy machinery, etc.
- Development and operation of a precision irrigation system.
- Development of forecasting models for diseases
- Organization and participation in project meetings.
- Progress reports as well as processing and archiving administrative and financial documents.
Required qualifications for the candidates include:
- Higher education (University or TEI) in engineering, information technology, environmental, biological science, economics and management.
- Professional experience related to the following fields:
- monitoring and sustainable management of soil-water resources
- collecting and elaborating environmental data
- environmental and technical studies
- software application on modern technology tools in environmental management
- environmental education
- field measurements and laboratory analyzes of soil and water samples
- operation and maintenance of telemetric stations
- Signal transmission and data networks
- Processing and management of spatial and environmental data point.
Use of databases and geographic information systems for the environment
Software development for management of environmental data.
Development of web applications.
Operation of an UAV for monitoring environmental indicators and spectral signatures
Programs / projects management and progress reports.
- Computer knowledge (word, excel, internet)
- Knowledge of English
For more information please see here, or contact us on email@example.com.