Ref. No: 111
IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EUROPEAN PROJECT “CIVILWATER” (B2.11.06)
EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME «GREECE – BULGARIA 2007-2013»
Intebalkan Environment Center (I-BEC), participates (PP3) in the European Project «CIVILWATER – Conservation and quality assurance of municipal water in the crossborder area» (Β2.11.06), in the framework of the European Territorial Cooperation Programme «Greece – Bulgaria 2007-2013».
The project aims at the development of application standards, in agreement with the Water Framework Directive’s requirements, for the integrated management of municipal water resources. Main activities include:
• The development, and subsequent assessment, of common application standards and operational methodologies for the quality control and conservation of drinking water and the pilot use of relevant applications (real-time monitoring of water quality, early warning pollution incident system, digitally controlled irrigation application system)
• The education and training of various target groups on municipal water resources management (guide for wise public use of municipal water, training seminars for competent authorities)
• The conduction of integrated application studies of similar projects, for cooperating Municipalities, for future allocation of similar projects to the corresponding measures of the Regional Operational Programs
The duration of the Project is 24 months (01/6/2013 – 31/05/2015) and its total budget is 1.219.000, 00€. The project is co-financed by 85% by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) & by15% by National Funds.
For the implementation of the actions of the above mentioned Project, I-BEC intends to employ eleven (11) people with work contracts. The work contracts will be carried during the implementation of the above project and in accordance with the final approved time schedule.
Candidates will be employed for the purpose of implementing the actions of the project in which I-BEC participates, as they are described in detail at their relevant contracts, and will include the following tasks:
ü Create an early warning system software and user manual.
ü Create an expert system for irrigation software and user manual.
ü Pilot operation and calibration in the study area and report thereon.
ü Organization and participation in project meetings.
ü Progress reports as well as processing and archiving administrative and financial documents.
Required qualifications for the candidates include:
1. Higher education (University or TEI) in engineering, information technology, environmental, biological science, economics and management.
2. Professional experience related to the following fields:
Þ Monitoring and management of water resources.
Þ Collecting and processing environmental data in relation to water resources.
Þ Environmental research studies and technical projects.
Þ Software applications and new technologies in environmental management.
Þ Environmental education.
Þ Field measurements and laboratory measurements of water quality.
Þ Models for water resources management.
Þ Operation and maintenance of telemetry stations.
Þ Networks for signal transmission and data networks.
Þ Development and analysis of environmental indicators.
Þ Processing and management of spatial and environmental data point.
Þ Use of databases and geographic information systems for the environment.
Þ Chemical analysis of water quality characteristics.
Þ Software development for management of environmental data.
Þ Development of web applications.
Þ Programs / projects management and progress reports.
3. Computer knowledge (word, excel internet)
4. Knowledge of English
For more information please see here, or contact us on email@example.com